- This event has passed.
May 19 - May 20
The Crex Meadows Spring Wildlife Festival & Open House is coming up fast! Join us for two days of events.
Friday, May 19 – RSVP Required Events
Saturday, May 20 – RSVP Required Events
- Sharp-tailed Grouse Tour: 6:00a.m – 8:00a.m.
- Warbler Watch Tour: 7:00a.m. – 9:00a.m.
- Whooping Cranes Speaker: 9:00a.m. – 10:00a.m.
- Reptiles & Amphibians – Live Animals!: 10:00a.m. – 11:00a.m.
- Wild Edibles Talk & Walk: 11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
- FOC Puzzle Competition: 12:00p.m. – 1:00p.m.
- Wildflower Hikes: 2:00p.m. – 4:00p.m.
- Evening Bird Tour: 4:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Saturday, May 20 – “Come-and-Go” Events – No RSVP Required
- Bird Species List
- Songbird Banding: 8:00a.m. – 10:00a.m.
- Join retired WDNR Biologist, Bruce Bacon, as he captures and bands songbirds with mist nets. Participants will be able to hold, release, and photograph the birds.
- Pancake Breakfast: 8:00a.m. – 11:00a.m.
- Join Friends of Crex Members for a pancake breakfast to raise money for wildlife education and management, while enjoying conversation with fellow bird watchers and wildlife enthusiasts! All donations made will be placed in the General Fund.
- Family Activities Classroom: 10:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
- Join us for a classroom full of fun family activities, including nature hikes, scavenger hunts, and more!